It would also appear that for some folks, the IRS/Treasury Department
(allegedly) ginned up the withholdings last January to give the tax cuts a more immediate impact, and now they're getting the bill instead of a refund.
I thought for most people the standard deduction would be better than itemizing, but didn't know itemizing got....harder?
that we didn't have last year. But our actual tax liability was more. Our total deductions were way less, the new standard exemption didn't make up the difference.
Thankfully we didn't get screwed on our withholdings they way a lot of people have.
Suck it, stupid people who now owe (or at least getting significantly less refunds)
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Last year's tax refund: $754. This year.... - timmer February 11, 2019, 17:30:41
- Our meeting is next week with the accountant. First year with my business, so I'm a bit nervous. - eta February 12, 2019, 8:55:10
- Fed refund came fast - submitted last Monday and it came today. - Kimmerz February 12, 2019, 8:48:16
- Sidejack--I assume everyone that makes fun of interest free loans to the government... - DT February 12, 2019, 7:11:26
- Waiting on 1099s. Tried my best to adjust estimated payments. Hope I got it close to right. * - RockHollywood February 12, 2019, 6:47:07
- None of my financial institutions will provide statements til next week - Stu February 12, 2019, 6:42:17
- a little embarrassed to admit Iíve never adjusted my w4 after having kids* - lcubed February 11, 2019, 21:32:33
- Aside, Turbo Tax did their darndest to try and squeeze some money out of me - timmer February 11, 2019, 20:30:30
- I got my fed, $879. Wonder how long state will take? - DanSaint February 11, 2019, 19:19:24
- Iím within ~$20 both years of you. Trummer.* - Warrin'_Illini February 11, 2019, 19:11:09
- Really liking the tax credit for using my home stateís 529* - opossum jenkins February 11, 2019, 19:06:33
- congratulations on your higher interest-free loan to the government!* - Orangeillini February 11, 2019, 18:53:07
- Our refund went up, only because we got a big tuition credit for my wife's grad program - Blazer February 11, 2019, 18:10:28
- Dayum. Already got the 'acceptance' text* - timmer February 11, 2019, 18:07:23
- I assume the people seeing the tax hikes are mostly those in high-SALT locales?* - ECEIllinois February 11, 2019, 17:32:24
« Back to index | View thread »