Are you kidding me? This has three very important things going against it; namely that 1). it arguably isn't really metal, 2) it's not very good, 3) almost nobody reviewed it particularly well. I can understand putting something on there ambiguously metal if it was important to the genre, or something that is pure metal but which got bad reviews, but not this.
91. Naked City - Torture Garden
Not metal, and a compilation to boot. There had to be something more appropriate to put here.
90. Body Count - st
WTF? This album got blasted by critics back in the day because it was a fusion of rap and metal that sucked at both. I only got it for the Cop Killer song, and that remains the only good song on the album.
86. Lamb of God - As the Palaces Burn
Just an odd choice. Didn't sell, not particularly good, not particularly well reviewed. Why is this here?
76. Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry
Oh, come on.
73. Scorpions - Blackout
No Scorpions album should be on this.
71. Living Colour - Vivid
Even if it was eligible (debatable, especially since Led Zeppelin is not considered metal) it should not be among the top 100.
69. Soundgarden - Louder Than Love
If you're only going to do one Soundgarden album, this is certainly not the one.
68. Marilyn Manson - Portrait of an American Family
I thought this was supposed to be about "best" albums...
67. Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
See 68. Furthermore, Queensryche is kind of a thing unto its own - they're not respected by either the prog or metal crowd, but mostly just by people thrilled to have found band other than Dream Theater and Rush to geek over.
52. Def Leppard - Pyromania
No. God no.
38. Iron Maiden - Powerslave (+ any others on the list other than Number of the Beast)
Iron Maiden sucked ass, but lots of metal people like them, so one token album would have been sufficient. This is excessive by default, then.
37. Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
The album sucks.
36. Van Halen - Women and Children First
Van Halen's fourth-best album should not be on a top 100 list, especially if it's the only Van Halen album.
33. Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
Megadeth had one decent album in their entire catalog and it's on the list higher. This should be off.
34. Black Sabbath - Master of Reality; 14. Black Sabbath Vol. 4; 1. Paranoid
Superfluous entries all, for the most overrated metal band of all time. Black Sabbath should be represented by, at most, the debut and Sabotage. And none of them belong in the top 10.
16. Dio - Holy Diver
A sort of kitsch classic, but belongs nowhere on a top 100 of anything. It's like a watchably horrible film.
15. Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman, 9. Blizzard of Oz
This is a joke, right? In the top 20 of best metal albums of all time?