The most consistent band ever?
Posted by Mod Lang on 8/3/2017, 9:23 pm
The main takeaway is that damn, they had a metric ton of great songs. 1 - 100 would make one heckuva playlist. And any of the top 4 could easily be #1 depending on my mood. http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2017/07/31/best-rem-songs-ranked/?curator=MusicREDEF
Out of the top 100, all but 7 spring from the first 15 years of their recording career. Jefferson, I think they lost their way after Bill Berry split. But the first 15 years - With the exception of Monster, the original line-up never released a less-than-very-good album, and very few serious missteps. And even Monster had its moments. R.E.M. may have the most consistently strong 15 year run of any rock band -- I can't think of any band that was that good for so long. Most bands have a few years of glory and fizzle out (the Band, the Clash, Rod Stewart, Deep Purple).
OK, the Fall, but I'd never accuse Mark E. of being consistent. Even the best Fall albums are at least 1/3 dodgy crap.
- The Bats. - Norville 8/4/2017, 11:18 pm
- Probably The Beatles - Matt 8/4/2017, 6:12 pm
- They had two albums I'd rate below a "B" - B. D. 8/4/2017, 5:33 pm
- If you're into the aesthetic I don't think it's possible to have a bad Motörhead song - Tabernacles E. Townsfolk 8/4/2017, 3:31 pm
- Re: The most consistent band ever? - Rich B. 8/4/2017, 8:54 am
- Re: The most consistent band ever? - Pugeye 8/4/2017, 8:11 am
- I like Monster - Trung 8/4/2017, 6:40 am
- Me too - Pugeye 8/4/2017, 8:00 am
- You know it's a boring choice but.. - Trung 8/4/2017, 6:34 am
- Boards Of Canada - Jimbob 8/4/2017, 12:27 am
- Re: The most consistent band ever? - nieh 8/3/2017, 9:44 pm
Hosted for FREE by Boardhost.
Create your own free message board!