Re: I finished watching all 155 Angry Video Game Nerd episodes
Posted by Ken on March 19, 2018, 6:02 pm, in reply to "Re: I finished watching all 155 Angry Video Game Nerd episodes"
The AVGN Movie is kind of a trainwreck that needs to be seen to be believed. It's hard to hate on it when James is such a nice and likeable guy. It feels good to see how hard he worked on achieving his dream of making a feature film. but oof, it's still very bad. And I went into it expecting to like it!
The Ghostbusters controversy was nothing. Just another hot take about the discourse surrounding the Ghostbusters 2016 movie to pile on to every other hot take about the movie, all of which became irrelevant once the movie came out and everybody stopped giving a shit. (by the way, his oh-so-controversial perspective was: "I'm not gonna watch it cus it looks bad").
Board James is the other series I'd recommend. It's pretty much just AVGN but with board games, and it ends up going down some bizarre rabbit holes with some odd skits and continuing plot lines most of which are generally done better than in the AVGN series, largely because the videos aren't full of forced poop jokes and stuff. The "Mr Bucket" episode is one of my favourites.
- Re: I finished watching all 155 Angry Video Game Nerd episodes - B. D. March 20, 2018, 2:35 pm
- The interesting thing about the Ghostbusters controversy to me is that - Jason March 20, 2018, 3:36 pm
- Re: The interesting thing about the Ghostbusters controversy to me is that - Joe H. March 21, 2018, 12:10 pm
- Devin Faraci since found religion and now spends his days apologising - Paul C March 21, 2018, 10:25 am
- WOW! - Jason March 22, 2018, 12:26 am
- Re: WOW! - B. D. March 27, 2018, 7:48 pm
- He spoke to The New York Times when they contacted him. - Joe March 20, 2018, 4:00 pm
- Re: The interesting thing about the Ghostbusters controversy to me is that - B. D. March 20, 2018, 3:50 pm
- hahaa - B. D. March 20, 2018, 5:24 pm
- Board James has some great songs in it too. (nt) - Joe March 19, 2018, 7:45 pm