1. Jimmy/Saul is still a badass, and seeing him step closer to how he was in "Breaking Bad" just adds to the layers. I love the guy, but even I shook my head at how he f*cked with that old lady and her circle of friends. My heart broke for the guy, though. I know what it's like to go through that shit with family. Which leads me to....
2. Chuck.... What a piece of SHIT. The Skylar of the series, and sometimes I think I might actually hate him even more. I understand the the guy has a mental illness. I understand he does have some reason to be bitter, but at the end of the day, he is still a smug, petty, vengeful, pompous douchebag. In a season chock full of great moments, the trick Jimmy pulls with the cellphone in court and Chuck's reaction to it is BY FAR my favorite. Pure gold. And like Anna Gunn/Skylar White, while I may despise the characters, Michael McKean is amazing. A hell of an actor.
3. Mike.... Dammit, where do I go there? They took a character I already loved from "Breaking Bad" and made him even complex and layered with each season. Not to mention giving him plenty more time to be a bonified ass kicker. And of course, him meeting Gus face to face for the first time. Speaking of which....
4. Gus Fring! You magnificent basterd! Great seeing him back in the fold, and in earlier stages of his business. Bad ass but still practical and pragmatic. And in earlier stages of his empire, so to speak. Nice to see some light shed on that, in addition to the earlier stages of his fued with Hector. So....
5. Hector.... I'm sure you remember how much I LOATHED this bastard in "Breaking Bad", so it's a credit to "Better Call Saul" that it managed to make me actually feel a grain of sympathy for him. Probably because I know all to well how it feels to be passed over in spite of hard work, but still maybe in that regard. He is still a total piece of shit, though. That said, still played awesomely by Mark Margolis. Nice to see him in action before the stroke, and seeing the event itself that'll give us the little bell ringing f*cker we all know.
6. Kim Wexler. I think I'm in love.
7. People seem certain that Chuck is dead, but I'm not so sure. At least not right at first. While it seems a reasonable bet, you never know what they might pull next season. At the very least, allow him and Jimmy a few more scenes together. Maybe in a hospital where he is dying from fire related injuries. Not being a dick and saying I wish him dead, just that it seems that's the direction they're headed anyway. Still no fun to think of a man crippled by mental illness roasting to death.
8. Gorgeous cinematography in this show as always. Beautiful, creative shots all over the place. Those opening present day, noir scenes especially. Just awesome.
Overall, I liked it more than Season 2. Maybe even more than Season 1 (which I remember being in the minority on since most of you liked Season 2 better?), but it was fantastic.
Anyway, yeah. Hope you're all well. Ken, I think you asked how I was last time I dropped by? I'm okay, man. Busy as hell, suffice it to say. Billdude, you too? Or was it suggesting another show to me? Sorry, can't really remember.