[ Post a Response | MABBLETRON ]
Bands whose best song came post-reunion
Posted by Nick E. on July 10, 2018, 10:49 am
Was thinking about this listening to Veruca Salt the other day - I like their "Gospel According to Saint Me", from 2015, more than anything I've heard from their original run in the 90s.
Aly & AJ's "Take Me" probably qualifies. I could make an argument for either All Saints' "Chick Fit", from 2006, or "One Strike", from 2016.
Anybody have any other nominees? I dimly recall Steve saying his favorite Television track was "1880 or So". Anything Wire did after 154 would qualify, but I don't know if there's anything I could really make a case for. Mission Of Burma are another band with more post-reunion material than pre-, but none of it's anywhere near as good as "Academy Fight Song".
- Half Man Half Biscuit - A Smith July 11, 2018, 1:10 pm
- The Damned - Mod Lang July 11, 2018, 8:21 am
- Interesting question - Ken July 10, 2018, 4:55 pm
- Swans, arguably. - Norville July 10, 2018, 4:04 pm
- King Crimson would be an obvious candidate - Tabernacles E. Townsfolk July 10, 2018, 3:40 pm
- If Heaven and Hell counts as a band with four studio albums - Joe July 10, 2018, 11:04 am