Honestly, for a bunch of opinionated music geeks in our early-mid 20's
I don't think we treated each other that poorly TBH. Especially when you take in to account the excessive drug and/or alcohol consumption practiced by some of us while posting (including yours truly, obviously) as well as the assortment of mental health issues apparent in many key posters (again, I'm including myself).
Some Babblers, both people who left and people who are still here, sometimes act like Jamie and Stuart were the norm but they were actually an exception, at least when I was here. Most folks never took thinks nearly as far as they did in terms of flaming people just for the sheer entertainment of it (with basically anyone else, there was always at least a *reason* why flamewars got started).
But I also guess there may have been a few more people like D&J in the days before I showed up, which is maybe one of the main reasons George left.
- Re: Honestly, for a bunch of opinionated music geeks in our early-mid 20's - Rich B. October 7, 2018, 5:24 pm
- Hmmm maybe I've repressed it - Pugeye October 7, 2018, 7:31 pm
- Yeah. - Joe October 7, 2018, 7:52 pm
- Re: Yeah. - Rich B. October 8, 2018, 5:32 am
- Re: Yeah. - B. D. October 8, 2018, 8:48 pm
- FWIW - Joe October 8, 2018, 5:48 am
- ANYWAY - Rich B. October 8, 2018, 5:35 am
- When George ran the board he banned people for inappropriate behavior - Joe October 6, 2018, 1:20 pm