I try not to eat burgers very often
but when I'm in the mood for one, I always want a gigantic one. Never understood the appeal of a tiny burger- IMO a burger should require 2 hands to eat and be difficult to even fit your jaws around. My main go-to spot is an old diner called Bill'd Place. Something of a SF institution. Robin Williams famously used to frequent it pretty often- he showed up when I was there one time but I didn't see him- my friend's mom said they let him in though the side door to the back patio (which is really nice- has a little koi pond and everything) so he wouldn't be hounded for autographs.
Anyway, their "Bill's Famous Burger # 2" is something like half a pound with 2 patties, bacon, avocado and 2 kinds of cheese. That's my ####in jam- not the grass-fed focaccia roll bullshit favored by the "new" SF.
"I thought it was normal to eat spicier food as you age and your taste buds begin to die."
Never heard that but I suppose it's true for some folks. But standup comedian Rory Scovel (who's actually pretty funny btw) has a bit about the dangers of eating a slice of pizza at 2AM once you're in your 30's that definitely struck a chord w/ me. Everybody's body's different though and I *have* always suffered from both acid reflux and a sensitive stomach in general (still enjoy and eat spicy stuff but usually have to keep it pretty moderate) so I'll admit that I'm more of a gastro-wimp than most folks my age.
- *To clarify my seemingly contradictory posts - Pugeye October 7, 2018, 10:53 am
- Re: *To clarify my seemingly contradictory posts - Sunrise Moon October 7, 2018, 1:40 pm
- At the risk of sounding like an insufferable braggart - Pugeye October 7, 2018, 4:09 pm
- Wow - Tabernacles E. Townsfolk October 7, 2018, 2:38 pm
- Re: Wow - Joe October 7, 2018, 2:57 pm
- Re: Wow - Tabernacles E. Townsfolk October 8, 2018, 11:37 am
- Re: Wow - Sunrise Moon October 10, 2018, 8:34 pm
- Re: Wow - Joe October 8, 2018, 8:58 pm