Going back to various sundry assorted albums 10-15 years later and finding them annoying
Posted by B. D. on October 26, 2018, 9:26 pm
Today's example: Of Montreal, Satanic Panic In The Attic and The Sunlandic Twins.
I have a detailed list on my old computer of every album I've ever heard in detail. Go ahead and laugh at that fact if you want. I wanted to relisten to some of these because I could barely remember the names of the songs I liked from them or why I liked so many of them so much.
Satanic Panic In The Attic now strikes me as "Disconnect The Dots," which is still wonderful, followed by about 39 minutes of candy-colored unbearably annoying slop that I can't distinguish one song from the next, which is a very George thing of me to say. I think I handed this album a George 12 back in the day, now it'd barely handle an 8.
The Sunlandic Twins fared slightly better, "Forecast Fascist Future" and "So Begins Our Alabee" were fun. I think I'd give it a 10 out of 15.
Any examples of this for you guys? A "geez, why did I like this so much" disc?
- Re: Going back to various sundry assorted albums 10-15 years later and finding them annoying - swift streamz October 29, 2018, 3:13 am
- Re: Going back to various sundry assorted albums 10-15 years later and finding them annoying - Joe H. October 27, 2018, 8:52 pm
- Billy Joel, and this is not a joke - John Schlegel October 27, 2018, 4:28 pm
- The Decemberists - Ryan October 27, 2018, 11:49 am
- almost all 90s Britpop - Jason October 27, 2018, 10:47 am
- This doesn't happen often for me - Rich B. October 27, 2018, 10:26 am
- I'm too nostalgic for that to really happen much - Pugeye October 27, 2018, 9:40 am
- The Wall - Tabernacles E. Townsfolk October 27, 2018, 1:44 am