Yes, it's one and the same person.
From the book, 'The Streets of Hebburn':
Hebburn Wesleyan Methodist Day School.
Built Charles Street corner, 1867. A school/ chapel: used as chapel/Sunday School from 1867, and school during week days [from 1870]. The school closed in July 1939, with Mr George Kellett as Headmaster, with 17 years service.
Mr Kellet went on to be head of Clegwell:
Clegwell Secondary Modern School:
Opened in September 1939 during WWII. The school could be entered via double-gates on Coleridge Square, Campbell Park Road, Victoria Road East and Byron Avenue (where the Domestic Science house was - a lovely bungalow was just inside the gate, which contained all the facilities to teach the future housewife how to cook, clean, wash, iron, lay a table, light a fire, make a bed with hospital corners and numerous other jobs).
« Back to index | View thread »