Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc
Posted by Mac C on July 17, 2019, 12:27 am, in reply to "pets
..........great memories Alan.
It brought to mind for me when in about 1949 or 50 I used to go to a shop on the corner of a street where it met Western Rd next along towards the town. I canít remember the name and my old maps are on my PC at home.
I was getting bran for my rabbit. I think the shop was a grocers but itsold all sorts of gardening stuff too in big hessian sacks. Sawdust of course on the floor.
I am sue it became a bookies about 10 years later when the betting act changed.
Anyone know the shop?
- pets - alan la ruste July 16, 2019, 8:08 pm
- Re: pets - Mac C July 17, 2019, 12:27 am
- Shop on Western Rd/Newmarch St as above - Mac Cummings July 17, 2019, 9:56 am
- Re: pets - Ian Turnbull July 17, 2019, 5:53 pm
- Re: pets - Mac Cummings July 17, 2019, 6:18 pm
- Re: pets - Ian Turnbull July 17, 2019, 7:40 pm
- Re: pets - Mac Cummings July 17, 2019, 7:52 pm
- Re: pets - Ian Turnbull July 18, 2019, 9:35 am
- Re: pets - Mac Cummings July 18, 2019, 11:49 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org