Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc
50th anniversary of the Moon Landing.
Posted by Don Scott on July 21, 2019, 7:59 pm
Margaret and I found our own special way to celebrate that miraculous event yesterday. The emphasis revolved around the obvious potential for trauma surrounding such an adventure.
We started off on our annual trip to Abersoch, North Wales, a sailing holiday with a local sailing club. We were dragging our 6m caravan with Peugeot 3008 semi auto eHDi. Our journey end on the A616 adjacent to Langsett Reservoir, north west of Sheffield. The clutch let go in a big way and cooked itself leaving us with no drive on a fairly major road with single lanes either side of a double white line. I had alternative but to dial 999 to call for traffic control assistance...which we failed to get.
A Good Samaritan pulled up after about 45 minutes and dragged us off into a safe position off the road. The ques of traffic must have stretched for miles. The rest is boring but the AA got us back home in two parts after about 4 hours. So eat you heart out all you astronaughts...we can the stain of high flying without even getting off the ground. I wouldn't want a repeat performance though, I came very close to 'losing it' yesterday, besides learning entirely new streams of connected Anglo Saxon four letter words from other friendly motorists as they passed by. Lovely people.
I might come back the a happy sequel from today's outing...but we shall see.
- 50th anniversary of the Moon Landing. - Don Scott July 21, 2019, 7:59 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
- Re: 50th anniversary of the Moon Landing. - John Shearer July 21, 2019, 8:05 pm
- Re: 50th anniversary of the Moon Landing. - John Shearer July 22, 2019, 11:45 am
- Re: 50th anniversary of the Moon Landing. - Don Scott July 22, 2019, 2:04 pm
- Re: 50th anniversary of the Moon Landing. - John Shearer July 22, 2019, 2:59 pm
- Re: Kia Sportage - Allan Campbell July 23, 2019, 7:56 am
- Re: 50th anniversary of the Moon Landing. - Don Scott July 23, 2019, 10:03 am
- Re: Don - Allan C. July 23, 2019, 12:50 pm
- Re: Don - Don Scott July 23, 2019, 4:27 pm
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org