Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc
Re: Excuse me, what was that?
Charles Dickens worked at Warren's Blacking Warehouse, pasting labels on pots of boot blacking, and, later, as an author was instrumental in helping many people out of the drudgery of long working hours, by allowing employees to see the error of their ways.
If the shopkeeper had read Dickens – and it sounds like he had – then he would have known that, which makes it ever more awful that he held you captive like that… you remembered the name, but what would have happened if you hadn't – would he have threatened to keep you there forever? No wonder you didn’t go back.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Excuse me, what was that? - BJC July 30, 2019, 6:17 am
- Re: Excuse me, what was that? - Barrie Mortimer July 30, 2019, 7:07 am
- Re: Excuse me, what was that? - Lilian July 30, 2019, 6:56 pm
- What a great response... - BJC July 30, 2019, 8:28 pm
- Re: Excuse me, what was that? - Norman forster July 31, 2019, 1:15 pm
- Re: Excuse me, what was that? - Davy July 31, 2019, 1:53 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org