Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc
Re: Nowt wrong with Cyclists, Lycra or otherwise
Most cycle paths are really designed for the Amateur cyclists NOT roadies. There is a vast difference in the speed that each of them ride.
If there was a group of 7, I would expect them to be Roadies. Maybe not very skilled as a professional would be. But they would be quite good or they would not be there.
Unfortunately the majority of car UK drivers do not have the ability to cope with cyclists, in particular, a group.
Why do I say this ! Drivers in France cope very very well with cyclists while those in the U.K. appear to have a mental blockage and also an inability to deal with changing road conditions.
I sense a touch of road rage in the posts. Get your act together lads, take a deep breath, learn to cope and get on with life. Itís not the cyclists but you. If you continue in that mindset you will cause an accident.
Around here in the Yorkshire Dales there has been a vast improvement in driving standards since the Tour De France and other cycling events have taken place.
Harsh words from me but I am sick of people carping on about cyclists when 80% of the time itís vehicle drivers being impatient.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Grrrr. Lycra Cyclists - John K August 1, 2019, 3:05 pm
- Re: Grrrr. Lycra Cyclists - alan la ruste August 1, 2019, 3:23 pm
- Re: Nowt wrong with Cyclists, Lycra or otherwise - Allan C August 1, 2019, 7:46 pm
- Re: Nowt wrong with Cyclists, Lycra or otherwise - Sheila Craig August 1, 2019, 8:11 pm
- Re: Nowt wrong with Cyclists, Lycra or otherwise - Joseph August 1, 2019, 8:51 pm
- Re: Nowt wrong with Cyclists, Lycra or otherwise - Don Scott August 1, 2019, 9:09 pm
- Re: Don - Allan C. August 1, 2019, 10:03 pm
- Re: Nowt wrong with Cyclists, Lycra or otherwise Sheila - Allan C August 1, 2019, 9:10 pm
- Re: Grrrr. Lycra Cyclists - Patrick August 2, 2019, 1:42 pm
- Re: Grrrr. Lycra Cyclists - Ray Forster August 2, 2019, 9:27 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org