Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc
Re: Geordie Day
Posted by john (doncaster) on August 2, 2019, 10:08 am, in reply to "Re: Geordie Day
Elizabeth: Agreed. I've been down in S Yorkshire for 31 years and still have my Geordie accent and at times still have difficulty in being understood. At first when I used the telephone the usual response was " Tha's not from down here" I also found it confusing and amusing them saying 'off' when they meant 'on' in such as 'How long has this been going off'.
- Today - Elizabeth August 1, 2019, 9:14 am
- Re: Geordie Day - john (doncaster) August 1, 2019, 7:47 pm
- Re: Geordie Day - john (doncaster) August 1, 2019, 7:51 pm
- Re: Geordie Day - Elizabeth August 2, 2019, 8:56 am
- Re: Geordie Day - john (doncaster) August 2, 2019, 10:08 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org