Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc
Posted by Don Scott on August 2, 2019, 11:29 am, in reply to "Correction...
I always understood the RAF base was originally opened in 1918 as RAF Eastburn and then renamed as RAF Driffield at some later date. I never researched it so I wouldn't argue that it might have been named RAF Kirkburn at some time or other. When we lived there (1963-1967) the RAF were no longer using it but the married quarters were used as overspill for RAF Leconfield where I worked.
- Today's Header - Don Scott August 2, 2019, 10:46 am
- Re: Today's Header - Don Scott August 2, 2019, 11:00 am
- Correction... - Don Scott August 2, 2019, 11:16 am
- Steve... - Don Scott August 2, 2019, 11:29 am
- Re: Correction... - John Shearer August 2, 2019, 7:44 pm
- Re: HA Viva - Allan C. August 2, 2019, 6:05 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org