Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc
Re: Sugar bags
Posted by Lorna Lakey on August 5, 2019, 8:04 pm, in reply to "Sugar bags
My mother worked in the Market Square Co-op during the first world war in her memoirs she mentions the difficulty trying to bag sugar, currents etc.She would get one end done,so she thought, only for the goods to fall out when she tried to do the other end. She did master it in the end and always used this method when wrapping my fathers lunch for work in the shipyard.
- Sugar bags - jim murray August 4, 2019, 8:43 am
- Re: Sugar bags - Laurence August 4, 2019, 8:58 am
- Re: Sugar bags - Norman Dunn August 4, 2019, 9:03 am
- Re: Sugar bags - Jim Murray August 4, 2019, 9:25 am
- Re: Sugar bags - Lorna Lakey August 5, 2019, 8:04 pm
- Re: Sugar bags - Marion Scaife August 6, 2019, 1:31 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org