The maps show that this little piece of Albert Street on the north side of Lyon Street was partly built over Carr Street.
Davy guessed that the houses on the west side were added about 1955' Norman, and Lilian, could Davy's guess be extended a few years to 1958?
From the book, Street of Hebburn:
Then, in 1958, when the old, south part of Carr Street was being replaced by the new, north part of Lyon Street, door nos. 2, 4 and 6 were added to Albert Street, which jutted out into the road on Carr Street, thus separating one half of the road of Carr Street from the other.
In the early 60s, the road, named Carr Street was again severed, when door nos. 2, 4 and 6 were added to Albert Street - directly opposite to Nos. 1, 2 and 3 [see Carr Terrace].
The houses highlighted in red are nos.2 & 4.
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index | View thread »