Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc.
Re: Fred Dibnah
Posted by Barrie Mortimer on September 13, 2019, 4:32 pm, in reply to "Re: Fred Dibnah
I used to ring birds on the Farne Islands in my younger days. Kittiwakes nested on narrow ledges on very high vertical cliffs and I would lie on the top of the cliff and reach down with a long pole with a metal hook on the end in order to hook young birds, lift them up, ring them and then lower them back onto their nests. Looking down at the sea swirling round rocks so far below never bothered me, so years later when I had a dizzy spell, I was flabbergasted when the doctor told me I had vertigo. I had always thought that was a fear of heights, but apparently not so. It is the dizziness that is vertigo and it is sometimes caused by looking down from a great height, but not only that.
I fell off a ladder a couple of years ago, but that hasn't made me frightened to go up ladders. It has made my wife frightened for me to climb them though, so I have to be discreet.
- Fred Dibnah - Mac Cummings September 13, 2019, 10:45 am
- Re: Fred Dibnah - John Shearer September 13, 2019, 1:43 pm
- Re: Fred Dibnah - Mac Cummings September 13, 2019, 1:49 pm
- Re: Fred Dibnah - alan la ruste September 13, 2019, 1:56 pm
- Re: Fred Dibnah - Barrie Mortimer September 13, 2019, 4:32 pm
- Re: Fred Dibnah - Brian September 13, 2019, 3:59 pm
- Re: Fred Dibnah - Joseph September 13, 2019, 5:23 pm
- Re: Fred Dibnah - BJC September 15, 2019, 2:57 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk/ www.gatesheadeast.co.uk/, www.donmouth.co.uk/ and www.hebburn.org/