1. The 'ferry' landing
2. Unknown? house or houses
3. Old Ellison Arms (shown on 1912 OS)
4. The 'puzzling' building...could it possibly be what eventually became the Colliery Club, set back further than it appears?
5. Alex Baker's place (just off map to left)
6. The Granary...an 'L' shaped building
7. That little house
8. Foster Blackets (White Lead)
9. Cross Row
10. Just guessing but this might be showing on the 1912 OS and possibly a locomotive shed.
I can't argue my case here but I feel sure this is about right. As for where the photo was taken from then you only have to see that the west facing elevation of the Granary is in plain view of the camera (slightly blocked by the 'old' Ellison Arms) and so must have been taken from a position further up river than Wallsend Slipway...NEM would be about right which was almost opposite the streets where I spent my first 16 years or so. I rest my case.
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index | View thread »