Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc.
Re: Clegwell Song...
Faithfulness, joined to truth endeavour,
Gloucester, Windsor and York and Lancaster
So on then Clegwell, play the game,
Keep the flame
Burning brightly Clegwell
My understanding was that Mr Jukes wrote it, based on the poem Vitae Lampada, which we also learned. I only remember a few ringing phrases - ‘The sands of the desert were sodden red; red with the wreck of a square that broke
And the gatlings jammed and the Colonels dead .....’
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Clegwell 'house' colours - Don Scott October 4, 2019, 7:56 pm
- Norman... - Don Scott October 4, 2019, 8:10 pm
- Re: Norman... - Liz Dance October 4, 2019, 8:15 pm
- Liz - Don Scott October 4, 2019, 8:28 pm
- Re: Liz - Liz Dance October 4, 2019, 9:10 pm
- Re: Clegwell 'house' colours - Barry Cram October 4, 2019, 8:44 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.