I know you insist on everything to be correct so I have to mention that at the NCB we were taught about Mine gases.Black Damp isnt poisonous.It's Carbon Dioxide which we use in drinks to make them fizzy. Deaths were caused because it displaced Oxygen and suffocated both Miners & Ponies.
CO (Carbon Monoxide)was the poisonous gas along with another one nicknamed Stink Damp (Sulpheretted Hydrogen) To show how deadly Carbon Monoxide is, a balloon full in a sitting room could kill those in the room.
Stink Damp killed the sense of smell so they thought wrongly that it had gone away when it hadn't so they died.
« Back to index | View thread »