The following information is from the book, The Streets of Hebburn - if you can help update or correct it, please let me know, thank you:
CAMPBELL PARK ROAD: Runs from Hedgeley Road, up to Monkton Lane .
The part that runs from Hedgeley Road, up to Victoria Road , was formerly named ‘Campbell Street South’ - named after Campbell Street, on the ‘north’ of the railway.
Campbell Park Road covers a very big residential area stretching from Hedgeley Road on the north to Monkton Lane and Lukes Lane on the south.
89 properties (Nos. 23-136) - 80 residential homes. 9 properties built in 1920.
Named after: Campbell Street, and Campbell Park: Jarrow FC’s ground, which opened about 1924.
CAMPBELL STREET: Situated on north side of ‘Wooden Bridge’, and reached up to Argyle Street. Built c.1900. Demolished c.1969-70. Was removed and replaced by a footpath. The plots of land that both sides of Campbell Street stood on are grassed over.
In 1850, this was arable land, known as ‘Third Long Field’, occupied by John Redhead, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison.
CAMPBELL STREET SOUTH: See Campbell Park Road.
A continuation of Campbell Street (n or th ) . It started on the south side of the Wooden Bridge, at Hedgeley Road, and ran up to Victoria Road East.
Before it was decided to build the Tyne vehicular tunnel at Jarrow - the Tyne Cyclist and Pedestrian Tunnel being a separate operation, opened in 1951 - Hebburn Council had put forward a proposal to have it built here. They had widened Campbell Park Road, on the other side of the Wooden Bridge, right up to Luke’s Lane, where they had planned for it to join Leam Lane, giving easy access to the Motorway. They had also planned to scrap the present Wooden Bridge: a steel and concrete construction, named after the wooden-built bridge that preceded it, and build a new, wider one, for both vehicles and pedestrians; and Campbell Street would have been the tunnel approach.
In 1850, Campbell Street South ran between two fields: ‘Wood Field’ on the west, occupied by Ann Glover, and ‘Plantation Field’ on the east, occupied by John Redhead - both leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison. It then passed a wood: ‘High North Field’ on the east (part of Ellison Hall grounds), and came to a halt at the present Victoria Road East.