Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc.
Re: The deluge
Posted by Lloyd eNZed on November 8, 2019, 7:42 pm, in reply to "Re: The deluge
Glad you made it safely Don Know what floods can do to a place with only one access
Down here in the Deep Deep South they are a plague
Twice we have been caught the second time we were marrooned for 3 days with food supplies having to be flown in by chopper the to the local shop only 5k's from the city centre. Going to work was by JET boat over the 4m deep water on our flooded airport it was only the raised dyke walk way that stopped it flowing into the estuary( Airport built on a recalaimed lake bed. Took three weeks with massive pumps to pump it out after the road had been cleared.
- The deluge - Don Scott November 8, 2019, 1:29 pm
- Re: The deluge - Allan C. November 8, 2019, 1:41 pm
- Re: The deluge - N44 November 8, 2019, 2:56 pm
- Re: The deluge - Mac Cummings November 8, 2019, 3:55 pm
- Re: The deluge - Norman forster November 8, 2019, 5:33 pm
- Re: The deluge - Lloyd eNZed November 8, 2019, 7:42 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.