Re: HEBBURN DROWNINGS
Hi Jimmy, I have just replied on the other post. I haven't contacted families, they have actually contacted me and want their loved ones to be remembered. I fully understand when you talk about not bringing back horrors, but as outsiders, it is hard to understand that these horrors cant be "brought back" as they have had to live with them on a daily basis. It it honourable for the likes of yourself and Alan to try and protect these relatives, but in fact they WANT to their loved ones to be remembered.
So far I have reached almost 100 victims and it was me who contacted the papers with the sole intention of giving any relative who wants inclusion, the chance to contact me before the publication.
This is an horrific part of our towns history, that I am doing my best to record. Each and every one of these poor souls deserves to have their story heard and indeed remembered.
I hope that this has put your mind at rest, that having actually spoken to the very relatives that you concerned for, are actually happy with this project. Kind regards, Vikki
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- HEBBURN DROWNINGS - Vikki Holt November 22, 2019, 4:06 pm
- Re: HEBBURN DROWNINGS - Stan Wears November 22, 2019, 4:26 pm
- Re: HEBBURN DROWNINGS - John Shearer November 22, 2019, 8:23 pm
- Re: HEBBURN DROWNINGS - James Goring November 22, 2019, 8:41 pm
- Re: HEBBURN DROWNINGS - Sheila November 22, 2019, 8:48 pm
- Re: HEBBURN DROWNINGS - Bill in Oz November 22, 2019, 11:54 pm
- Re: HEBBURN DROWNINGS - Stewart November 23, 2019, 10:35 am
- Re: HEBBURN DROWNINGS - Tony Foggon December 6, 2019, 3:01 pm
- Re: HEBBURN DROWNINGS - Tony Foggon December 6, 2019, 3:45 pm
- Re: HEBBURN DROWNINGS - A F Yesterday, 8:51 pm
« Back to index | View thread »