In 1850, the Church owned a portion of Hebburn, though the largest portion was owned by Cuthbert Ellison.
When Andrew Leslie arrived at Hebburn by steamer, he purchased land from Cuthbert Ellison to establishing a works, and launched his first ship, The Clarendon in 1854.
The Ellison family still own land in Hebburn.
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index | View thread »