Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc.
Re: William Jobling...
About 2015 I met two Mining Experts including David Kidd who wrote the book about John Buddle. They were investigating where Joblings final resting place could be. It was a place in Jarrow not Tyne Dock Arches which was one myth from long ago.I cant say exactly where because they might still be investigating. They were going to be using Metal Detectors because Jobling wil still be in that Iron Cage.
Another bit info came from Hebburn man Peter Tallack a Face Book regular,who came to see me a couple of years ago. He said a family member (great gran maybe?) from the 1800s was a neighbour of Joblings and played with his children. I think he said the story was that Jobling's mates rowed him out to sea for a burial. Maybe someone can ask Peter?. He was going to show me what she'd wrote, but he never did.
Maybe he could be reminded and he might pop down
- William Jobling... - BJC January 3, 2020, 10:15 am
- Re: William Jobling... - Stan Wears January 3, 2020, 3:28 pm
- Re: William Jobling... - BJC January 3, 2020, 4:32 pm
- Re: William Jobling... - Norman Dunn January 3, 2020, 5:09 pm
- Re: William Jobling... - Davy January 3, 2020, 5:08 pm
- Re: William Jobling... - Allan Campbell January 3, 2020, 10:29 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.