The following is from the book, 'Streets of Hebbur':
WATERWORKS: See SHIELDS ROAD:
In 1850, this was land known as ‘The Bad Field’; occupied by Matthew Laws, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison.
Named after: The waterworks: Reservoir [Sunderland & South Shields Water Company] that was on the corner of Shields Road and Mill Lane. Replaced by St. Joseph’s Court.
WATERWORKS ROAD: Mill Lane. Replaced by St. Joseph’s Court.
Named after: Sunderland & South Shields Water Co., which was on Mill Lane.
Waterworks Cottage: Occupier: Patrick Farmer: Plumber. Born Ireland.
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index | View thread »