Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc.
Don,the man you call Bewick was Thomas Bewick,the Newcastle wood engraver. His workshop was at Amen Corner next to st.Nicholas cathedral. He made the first book on British Birds, the first Newcastle bank note and drank in the Coffee Johnny in Newcastle besides being member of Swarlands club. His workshop was last seen in Hancock's Museum. T.M Richardson the artist painted a scene of Amen Corner and using a magnifying glass, Bewick can be seen...
- Exhibition Park Newcastle - Ian Turnbull January 20, 2020, 10:12 pm
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Mac Cummings January 21, 2020, 9:53 am
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Don Scott January 21, 2020, 10:50 am
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Barrie Mortimer January 21, 2020, 11:11 am
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Brian January 21, 2020, 12:23 pm
- Don Scott - Stan Wears January 21, 2020, 12:49 pm
- Stan - Don Scott January 21, 2020, 6:15 pm
- Don Scott - Stan Wears January 21, 2020, 7:36 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.