Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc.
Posted by Don Scott on January 21, 2020, 6:15 pm, in reply to " Don Scott
I was pleased to see that Thomas Bewick is much celebrated for his mastery of wood engraving on the internet. What I originally saw was as though his whole workshop and contents had been carefully removed from its site and planted in the museum. It was full of his benches, engraving tools, blocks and examples of his work. There are now examples of his work scattered about all over the place (including the Discovery Museum). However, it would seem the best place to start a pilgrimage might be...Cherryburn: Thomas Bewick Birthplace Museum, Cherryburn, Station Bank, Mickley, Northumberland, NE43 7DD
+44 01661 843276, run by the Bewick Society. That might be a port of call for us when the weather gets finer and we drag our caravan up to the NE.
- Exhibition Park Newcastle - Ian Turnbull January 20, 2020, 10:12 pm
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Mac Cummings January 21, 2020, 9:53 am
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Don Scott January 21, 2020, 10:50 am
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Barrie Mortimer January 21, 2020, 11:11 am
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Brian January 21, 2020, 12:23 pm
- Don Scott - Stan Wears January 21, 2020, 12:49 pm
- Stan - Don Scott January 21, 2020, 6:15 pm
- Don Scott - Stan Wears January 21, 2020, 7:36 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.