Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc.
Stan, Allan & Brian
Posted by Don Scott on January 22, 2020, 11:10 am, in reply to " Don Scott
Stan, I was wrong about having seen the Bewick collection in the Science Museum. After having just spoken to a lady at the Thomas Bewick Museum, Mickely, it seems that the collection was always in the Hancock, as you said.....so put that down to my fading memory. The lady I spoke to said that they are going to have wood engraving demos throughout this Summer...something to look forward to.
Allan, it's almost certain that the boat you mentioned was named after the famous Bessie Surtees.
Brian, Yes, I remember the working model of the swing bridge. There was a little winding wheel on the side of the display that operated the bridge.
- Exhibition Park Newcastle - Ian Turnbull January 20, 2020, 10:12 pm
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Mac Cummings January 21, 2020, 9:53 am
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Don Scott January 21, 2020, 10:50 am
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Barrie Mortimer January 21, 2020, 11:11 am
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Brian January 21, 2020, 12:23 pm
- Don Scott - Stan Wears January 21, 2020, 12:49 pm
- Stan - Don Scott January 21, 2020, 6:15 pm
- Don Scott - Stan Wears January 21, 2020, 7:36 pm
- Stan, Allan & Brian - Don Scott January 22, 2020, 11:10 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.