Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc.
Re: Glad Tidings at Seahouses
Billy Shiel used to take us to the Farnes and I think it is his grandson, also called Billy who now runs Billy Shiel Farne Islands Boats. The current Glad Tidings boats are much more advanced than the original fishing coble and there are a few now, not just the one Billy had back in the 50s and 60s. Back then diesel fumes used to drift over the open boat (no cabin in those days) and combined with the motion was a guarantee that I would be sick. I kept going back though as I really enjoyed ringing birds and tagging seals, especially on the likes of Brownsman and the Wamses where the public were not allowed to land.
- Exhibition Park Newcastle - Ian Turnbull January 20, 2020, 10:12 pm
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Mac Cummings January 21, 2020, 9:53 am
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Don Scott January 21, 2020, 10:50 am
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Barrie Mortimer January 21, 2020, 11:11 am
- Re: Glad Tidings at Seahouses - Allan Campbell January 22, 2020, 4:26 pm
- Re: Glad Tidings at Seahouses - Barrie Mortimer January 22, 2020, 5:45 pm
- Re: Exhibition Park Newcastle - Brian January 21, 2020, 12:23 pm
- Don Scott - Stan Wears January 21, 2020, 12:49 pm
- Stan - Don Scott January 21, 2020, 6:15 pm
- Don Scott - Stan Wears January 21, 2020, 7:36 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.