Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or swearing and No derogatory remarks about ex Teachers etc.
Re: This is shocking
I have been accused of being heartless for criticising people on benefits having all the luxury items they could easily do without. Some may be genuinely short of money to buy food and heat their homes, but I doubt if many have to make do like we did just after the war. I was brought up to save for anything I wanted and because I was careful with my money I am not entitled to any benefits. I get penalised for having some savings. We do not have Sky TV, Netflix, smart phones. don't drink lots of alcohol, smoke or gamble. We live in a house we now own and are comfortable and satisfied with what we have got. We have no debts and manage quite nicely, thanks to the way we were brought up. Scroungers expect everything to which they take a fancy to be handed to them as a right. I will no doubt now get a torrent of abuse for daring to use the word scroungers.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- This is shocking - N44 February 10, 2020, 6:43 pm
- Re: This is shocking - Liz Dance February 10, 2020, 6:51 pm
- Re: This is shocking - Liz Johnston February 10, 2020, 7:23 pm
- Re: This is shocking - Barrie Mortimer February 10, 2020, 8:29 pm
- Re: This is shocking - Mac Cummings February 11, 2020, 12:50 pm
- Re: This is shocking - Mac Cummings February 11, 2020, 1:53 pm
- Re: This is shocking - Lawrence Bolam February 12, 2020, 12:16 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.