Re: This is shocking
Barry, I was also brought up to save for anything that I wanted, I never had anything on hire purchase, my husband and I have saved all our married live and like you as we have savings we are eligible for nothing.
I do think that help should be given to people who need it but it should not be a way of life, once people are on benefits it should, in my opinion, be only for a short period of time and not a forever source of income, the only people who should retain some form of benefit should be OAP’s who really are struggling, it must be awful to have to make a choice of eating or heating.
A complete overhaul of the benefit system should be carried out, I know results will probably be met with much hand wringing the needy should be helped but, like you say, scroungers should be excluded.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- This is shocking - N44 February 10, 2020, 6:43 pm
- Re: This is shocking - Liz Dance February 10, 2020, 6:51 pm
- Re: This is shocking - Liz Johnston February 10, 2020, 7:23 pm
- Re: This is shocking - Barrie Mortimer February 10, 2020, 8:29 pm
- Re: This is shocking - Liz Dance February 10, 2020, 9:09 pm
- Re: This is shocking - Mac Cummings February 11, 2020, 12:50 pm
- Re: This is shocking - Mac Cummings February 11, 2020, 1:53 pm
- Re: This is shocking - Lawrence Bolam February 12, 2020, 12:16 pm
« Back to index | View thread »