· 300 g (10½ oz) potatoes, peeled and cubed
· 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
· 115 g (4 oz) plain flour
· pinch of salt
· 55 g (2 oz) cool butter, diced
1. Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until just tender. Drain well, then mash with the milk. Set aside to cool.
2. Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the butter and rub in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the mashed potatoes to the rubbed-in mixture and mix together to form a soft dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling out.
« Back to index | View thread »