Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Shop- corner Wellington St and St John's Ave
Posted by AJG on May 1, 2020, 9:26 pmEdited by administrator Admin2 May 2, 2020, 11:17 am
In my thread about the illuminated map of Hebburn, the shop on the corner of Wellington Street and Hall Road came up, and Lynn remembered it as once belonging to a Mr. Battman.
I did a bit of googling and think that this might be him: Albert Battman Article with interview with Battman's grandson
I do now recall the sign outside the shop saying "A. Battman" against a pale blue background. Of course, some wit had added "& Robin" in marker pen underneath...
Anyone remember this incarnation of the shop and what it sold?
- Shop- corner Wellington St and St John's Ave - AJG May 1, 2020, 9:26 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
- ditto - Margaret May 1, 2020, 9:49 pm
- ditto - AJG May 1, 2020, 9:53 pm
- ditto - Davy May 1, 2020, 11:29 pm
- ditto - Bill in Oz May 2, 2020, 1:41 am
- ditto - Joseph May 2, 2020, 9:55 am
- ditto - Mac Cummings May 2, 2020, 11:01 am
- Re: Shop- corner Wellington St and St John's Ave - John Stokes May 5, 2020, 2:13 am
- Re: Shop- corner Wellington St and St John's Ave - Pat May 15, 2020, 7:21 pm
Recommended Local History websites.