The"store" opened in about 1955 - it had a separate butcher's dept. which was in the RH section. Jim Smith sold his newsagents in the early 60's to Jackie Ross. Maggie Kelly took on the PO and it transfered from Hall's (on the High Road corner) into an annexe attached to her shop which had been built for her disabled son. We moved from Blue House Rd.in 1967 so don't know anything after that.
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index | View thread »