Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: Pit closure
Posted by N44 on May 22, 2020, 5:52 pm, in reply to " Pit closure
I think the Pit closed about 1932 Carol. We had two pits in use in the 1900s, ie A Pit and C Pit which was opposite the Caledonian Hotel and stretched along towards Ellison St.
Take a look at the LINK and see the number of deaths.
Link: Hebburn Colliery
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Pit site - Carol in hampshire May 22, 2020, 11:06 am
- Re: Pit site - Norman Dunn May 22, 2020, 12:13 pm
- Re: Pit site - Carol in hampshire May 22, 2020, 12:35 pm
- Pit closure - Carol in hampshire May 22, 2020, 5:14 pm
- Re: Pit closure - N44 May 22, 2020, 5:52 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.