Here it is below, red arrow.
COSSERAT PLACE: Off Argyle Street, at back of St. Cuthbert’s Church. Formerly Tyne Street.
In 1850, this was arable land, known ‘Coal Pit’, and occupied by John Redhead, and leased from
landowner Cuthbert Ellison.
Named after: Rev Algernon Wilford Peloquin Cosserat, who became Vicar of St Cuthbert’s
Church, in 1950.
« Back to index | View thread »