Here is a map showing the Arthur Street door numbers:
ARTHUR STREET: Hebburn Colliery. Originally miners’ pit houses, built in or before 1891. Later, they were privately owned and rented out; then taken over by the council and demolished 1965-66.
Along with ‘Harvey Street’ & ‘Frederick Street’ they were known as the three streets - all were replaced by Wilson Court Flats, which was later replaced by the present Walsh Avenue Estate.
Named after: Prince Arthur (1850-1942) son of Queen Victoria.
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index | View thread »