Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: Need to replace my Laptop, what make do I get ?
One of the cheapest ways of getting a better laptop is too upgrade the one you already have. I've upgraded a few in my time by 1) putting a SSD drive in and 2) putting more RAM in. My old Fuji(i5) now has a 500GB SSD in and 8GB of RAM. It had Windows 8 on when I bought it ,but I put Windows 7 on it and it now has Windows 10 installed. It now boots up in 12 to 15 seconds. What a difference a complete fresh operating system installation makes and of course you only install the software you need and not the rubbish that is pre-bundled on it when you first buy them.
There is 2 makes I would recommend : HP & Toshiba and as you say, dont buy anything other than a Intel .Specs include i3 , i5 or i7 ,HDMI socket,CDROM if you can , SSD ,at least 4GB RAM.
I've bought quite a few from Ebuyer on line in the past.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Need to replace my Laptop, what make do I get ? - Allan Campbell July 29, 2020, 7:58 pm
- Re: Need to replace my Laptop, what make do I get ? - Carol in hampshire July 29, 2020, 8:03 pm
- Re: Need to replace my Laptop, what make do I get ? - Brian July 30, 2020, 12:29 am
- Re: Need to replace my Laptop, what spec required ? - Allan Campbell July 30, 2020, 8:51 am
- Re: Need to replace my Laptop, what make do I get ? - ricky July 30, 2020, 12:08 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.