Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive
[ Post a Response | Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Greedy council (Hartlepool)
Posted by Stan Wears on August 25, 2020, 5:33 pmEdited by board administrator August 25, 2020, 6:05 pm
I had 50 kilos of pea gravel to take to the Hartlepool council recycling centre and was told it would be £3 per 25kg. Well worth £6 to get rid of it. The hoity-toity lady in the Civic Centre asked how many bags I had. I explained I had to split the bags up due to the weight and have 5 bags totalling 50 kilos. So madam hoity-toity then told me me it will be £3 per bag. I explained I could not lift 50 kilos in one go and being 74 years of age which is why I had to split them up. That did not wash her and it would still be £3 per bag! I explained the total was still 50 kilos but she insisted if it had have been 10 bags it would have been £30. I now have a counsellor on the case cos I refuse to pay it. I've never ever agreed with fly-tipping but now I understand why some people do it even though it's wrong.
- Greedy council (Hartlepool) - Stan Wears August 25, 2020, 5:33 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
- Re: Greedy council (Hartlepool) - Davy August 25, 2020, 5:56 pm
- Re: Greedy council (Hartlepool) - alan la ruste August 25, 2020, 9:01 pm
- Re: Greedy council (Hartlepool) - Audrey D. August 25, 2020, 9:52 pm
- Re: Greedy council (Hartlepool) - Audrey D. August 25, 2020, 10:10 pm
- Re: Greedy council-Kent - Mac Cummings August 26, 2020, 10:19 am
- Re: Greedy council (Hartlepool) - Stan Wears August 26, 2020, 2:46 pm
Recommended Local History websites.