Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive
[ Post a Response | Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: Greedy council (Hartlepool)
That's disgraceful. Are these items sold on when given to the Council? I should have thought Pea-gravel was something that many folks would have a use for. We have something called 'Re-Store', a place you can drop of things to be re-sold, sometimes old, sometimes new - from screws to plumbing to light fixtures to furniture, doors - you name it - you can buy there too, certain items they will pick up from your home.
I have a different complaint in having timber cut to sell and getting next to nothing for it and they appear to be about to take more than the contract shows. I'm trying to watch carefully but it's difficult.
The Forestry came along to mark trees for me and asked if we're hunting on the property -no said I, they said there are about 7 Deer stands and a huge contraption to throw out corn to draw deer to their 'stand' areas. Now I've just found Salt licks - again to encourage Deer to that area. You have to have eyes in the back of your head. The young Forestry guys said they'll pull the Deer stands down for me. It will be interesting to know if I hear about the downed stands through the grapevine. Sorry to go on and on .... good to get it off my chest. Hahaha
- Greedy council (Hartlepool) - Stan Wears August 25, 2020, 5:33 pm
- Re: Greedy council (Hartlepool) - Davy August 25, 2020, 5:56 pm
- Re: Greedy council (Hartlepool) - alan la ruste August 25, 2020, 9:01 pm
- Re: Greedy council (Hartlepool) - Audrey D. August 25, 2020, 9:52 pm
- Re: Greedy council (Hartlepool) - Audrey D. August 25, 2020, 10:10 pm
- Re: Greedy council-Kent - Mac Cummings August 26, 2020, 10:19 am
- Re: Greedy council (Hartlepool) - Stan Wears August 26, 2020, 2:46 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.