Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive
[ Post a Response | Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
why Kevin Blair left
Posted by Norman Dunn on August 28, 2020, 9:55 am, in reply to "Re: Face book
Mike Ellison passed his Hebburn.org site to Vikki Lawlor who kept it going for a further few years. Then she disclosed she is closing it down in a weeks time, but wouldnt be handing it over to anyone. She wasnt happy that Barry's Street's of Hebburn hadnt credited her, ( Barry praised her in the book and she missed it)
Rather than lose all those regulars I decided to start a brand new message board and it has nothing whatsoever to do with Mike's old board.
With Barry Cram's help we gathered as many email addresses as possible and when Vikki found out what I was upto she closed it days earlier than she'd said. I had my site up and running that same day.This was Nov 2016. Kevin Blair was told about it, and I even saw him personally to persuade him to come onto this new board. Someone on the previous site had hurt him with comments and the reason why he left. I told him if that happened on my site, I can ban the person, but that wasnt enough. If he gets attacked on FB will he abandon that aswell?
- Face book - Mike August 25, 2020, 12:27 pm
- Re: Face book - Joseph August 25, 2020, 12:53 pm
- Re: Face book - j. coltman August 25, 2020, 1:29 pm
- Re: Face book - Eddy Nesbitt. August 25, 2020, 9:41 pm
- Re: Face book - Ged August 26, 2020, 10:45 am
- Re: Face book - Jimmy August 27, 2020, 6:52 pm
- Re: Face book - Bill Wallace August 27, 2020, 9:58 pm
- Re: Face book - Ged August 27, 2020, 10:32 pm
- why Kevin Blair left - Norman Dunn August 28, 2020, 9:55 am
- Re: Kevin Blair - John Shearer August 28, 2020, 10:35 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.