Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive
[ Post a Response | Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Posted by George on August 28, 2020, 6:07 pm, in reply to "Re: matches
Lucifer was a fallen angel. Went to Hell and joined the devil amongst the brimstone, fire and sulpher. (a bit like Felling - Shore in the 1940s).
Said to have been invented by a chemist in Stockton but similar things were used by the Chinese long before. I think the main difference was the locally made matchsticks had small flame suitable for domestic use and lighting your pipe. Others created a fire - and burned your nose off.
- matches - alan la ruste August 28, 2020, 8:37 am
- Re: matches - Mac Cummings August 28, 2020, 9:45 am
- Re: matches - Dexy August 28, 2020, 10:16 am
- Re: matches - Allan Campbell August 28, 2020, 12:27 pm
- Re: matches - Brian August 28, 2020, 12:52 pm
- Re: matches - George August 28, 2020, 6:07 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.