Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive
[ Post a Response | Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Posted by Allan Campbell on October 1, 2020, 1:41 pm, in reply to "sleep
Alan. When I lived in Knaresborough and worked in Harrogate I would drive home for lunch.
10 min to get home, 20 min to have lunch, then as a childrenís programme started at 13.30 get head down on the floor. Wake up at the end of the programme at 13.45. Quick splash and back to work for 14.00.
If I stayed at work I would lay down back to a radiator and have 10 mins. Nobody in the office could understand how I did it.
I still do it today ( will in 10 min) but it can be 40-50 mins depending on what job I am doing.
Itís more about being able to shut down your brain and relax to recharging your batteries. Then you are ready to go again.
Today I have just got back from a bike ride from Seahouses to Bamburgh and back only 8 miles but I did push it a bit. More on that later.
Iím 78 in December but I can sleep almost anywhere correction could sleep. The old bones not helping theses days.
My father did exactly the same thing when he worked on a Reyrolleís so Iím just following on.
- sleep - alan la ruste October 1, 2020, 11:59 am
- Re: sleep - N44 October 1, 2020, 12:13 pm
- Re: sleep - Stan Wears October 1, 2020, 12:22 pm
- Re: sleep - Allan Campbell October 1, 2020, 1:41 pm
- Re: sleep - George October 1, 2020, 2:20 pm
- Re: sleep - Brian October 1, 2020, 2:39 pm
- Re: sleep - FredB October 1, 2020, 4:14 pm
- Re: sleep - michael lycch October 1, 2020, 4:16 pm
- Re: sleep - alan la ruste October 1, 2020, 5:23 pm
- Re: sleep - Mac Hardy October 2, 2020, 5:07 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.