Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive
[ Post a Response | Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Posted by George on October 28, 2020, 9:32 am, in reply to "For Mac
During the war, the Palace cinema Gateshead (Old Blacks) ran a Saturday morning club for children. Three hours of shear fun from 9 am. We kids were not allowed in the "posh" seats and had to sit on long forms. Little did the proprietor realise how much this would add to the fun. The very last film shown was the weekly serial "The devil's horse". We Kids would all swing our legs over the forms and straddle our horse. Gripping the side of the form we could "hoick" our steed across the cinema until we met another group of kids hoicking their horse - coming the other way. Great yells of woa woa and attempts to reverse all added to the mayhem. Why bring this up? This was BEFORE Dick Barton and the theme was - you've guesed it, Devils Gallop.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Dick Barton, Special Agent. - Mac Hardy October 27, 2020, 8:10 pm
- Re: Dick Barton, Special Agent. - George October 27, 2020, 9:49 pm
- Re: Dick Barton, Special Agent. - Brian October 27, 2020, 10:24 pm
- Re: Dick Barton, Special Agent. - George October 28, 2020, 12:06 am
- Re: Dick Barton, Special Agent. - Brian October 28, 2020, 12:33 am
- For Mac - Stan Wears October 28, 2020, 8:08 am
- For Stan - George October 28, 2020, 9:32 am
- George - Don Scott October 28, 2020, 10:26 am
- Stan... - Don Scott October 28, 2020, 10:12 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.