Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive
[ Post a Response | Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Covid tier 3 loophole
Posted by Brian on October 29, 2020, 12:29 am, in reply to "Re: Vitamin D
Its been reported that due to a loophole social clubs can still legally serve alcohol here are the reasons:
Councils in Wirral, Preston and Fylde have all advised social clubs that the discrepancy exists because they hold club premises certificates and not premises licences.
The tier three regulations, which came into effect earlier this month, appeared not to include private members clubs because they operate under a different law which means, in effect, the members own the drink already.
Preston Council posted advice stating membership based social clubs "do not sell alcohol, instead they supply alcohol to their members".
"Therefore the requirement to close does not apply to these premises and nor do these premises need to provide a substantial meal to club members or their guests when they are drinking".
I wonder how long that will last.
- Covid Blues... - Don Scott October 28, 2020, 12:28 pm
- Re: Covid Blues... - Brian October 28, 2020, 1:05 pm
- Re: Covid Blues... - Liz Dance October 28, 2020, 1:28 pm
- Re: Covid Blues... - John Shearer October 28, 2020, 2:27 pm
- A Tip worth trying - Norman Dunn October 28, 2020, 2:37 pm
- Re: A Tip worth trying & Covid Blues - Allan Campbell October 28, 2020, 3:44 pm
- Re: A Tip worth trying - Liz Dance October 28, 2020, 3:45 pm
- Vitamin D - Mac Cummings October 28, 2020, 4:32 pm
- Re: Vitamin D - Liz Dance October 28, 2020, 4:41 pm
- Re: Vitamin D - alan la ruste October 28, 2020, 8:27 pm
- Covid tier 3 loophole - Brian October 29, 2020, 12:29 am
- Re: Covid Blues... - Linda in NZ October 29, 2020, 7:43 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.