Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive
[ Post a Response | Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Re: Weather around Hebburn. Phillip
Phillip I think that when they are filming Vera they doing a batch of programmes so you could well get say 3 or more programmes with very similar weather.
About 4 years ago we were sat in the car parked 3/4 north of Bamburgh Castle when a film crew from Vera appeared. They were doing preliminary shots/ takes so they said. There was only one. Actress there.
Northumberland and Tyneside do get good weather. Bad weather used to be only over a few days as the prevailing westerly wind soon blows it away.
There is nothing like the Northumberland coast. You could start off with Hadrians Wall, The Castle Keep in Newcastle, then start going north, Castles galore due to the Boarder wars.
If you had the time and energy to visit The Wall 3 days min, the Castles 5-7 days or more. A hop over the boarder into Scotland would add days.
My favourite is being at Beadnell harbour when there is a storm from the East creating large waves to crash onto the shore.
- Weather around Hebburn - Philip Strong October 31, 2020, 5:11 am
- Re: Weather around Hebburn - Barry Cram October 31, 2020, 10:08 am
- Re: Weather around Hebburn - Norman Dunn October 31, 2020, 10:08 am
- Re: Weather around Hebburn. Phillip - Allan Campbell October 31, 2020, 2:47 pm
- Re: Weather around Hebburn - tom barker October 31, 2020, 3:39 pm
- Re: Weather around Hebburn - Philip Strong October 31, 2020, 7:42 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.