Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive
[ Post a Response | Welcome to our Forum & Local History Archive ]
Rules! No Politics,swearing,derogatory remarks or we delete. Anyone sharing our content on Face Book must credit 'Hebburn and our Neighbours'.
Posted by Don Scott on November 17, 2020, 6:12 pm, in reply to "Re: Shocking...
Thanks for the comments and advice folks. The cooker has just been disconnected this afternoon. The electrician must have been looking in on the board because he reduced the charge to £82 which included 20% VAT. Not too bad on reflection I suppose. Amazingly, the removal man is only charging £180. I would have charged that for just getting contents down the awful stairs in the flats.
I have just finished making a side gate for the bungalow back garden. The paint and fittings cost just over £100. The paint alone was £40 all purchased at Wickes. The wood I already had in my shed so if the job had been done by a pro then the whole lot would have exceeded £200 including fitting. I will be fitting it this Thursday, all being well and Helen moves in on Friday and we can't even do a house warmer...what a shame.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Shocking... - Don Scott November 16, 2020, 7:54 pm
- Re: Shocking... - Allan Campbell November 16, 2020, 8:43 pm
- Re: Shocking... - Elizabeth November 16, 2020, 10:27 pm
- Re: Shocking... - Eddy Nesbitt. November 16, 2020, 10:27 pm
- Re: Shocking... - Liz Dance November 16, 2020, 10:35 pm
- Re: Shocking... - Barry Cram November 17, 2020, 6:02 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.